I rarely make blog posts but when I make one, it’s gotta be something exciting. So today I’m going to tell you how to jailbreak iOS 6.1.1 Beta – that too an untethered jailbreak. As stated by @pod2g that the exploit used in evasi0n wasn’t patched yet.
So @Pix3lDemon and I had an idea of why not do our “own” little version of evasi0n which works with any device which supports iOS 6. We edited the evasi0n tool for the Mac to actually do that. It works with A4 Devices Only. Please note we decided not to make a tool instead here are the instructions.
You need to have evasi0n & redsn0w to do this:
- Select the 6.0 IPSW with Redsn0w
- Press Jailbreak
- After it’s done select the IPSW again and boot tethered.
- Install iFile
- Go to system/library/coreservices
- Change the version number from 6.1.1 to 6.1
- Next install the deb file of evasi0n using iFile. The .deb can be got from Saurik’s repo or the Internet
- Change the version number back to 6.1.1
Enjoy your iOS 6.1.1 untethered jailbreak. Don’t forget to follow and thank: