I rarely make blog posts but when I make one, it’s gotta be something exciting (;P). So today I’m going to tell you how to jailbreak iOS 6.1.1 Beta – that too an untethered jailbreak. As stated by @pod2g that the exploit used in evasi0n wasn’t patched yet.
So I had an idea of why not do our “own” little version of evasi0n which works with any iOS device that supports iOS 6 and has an A4 chip. I edited the evasi0n tool for the Mac to actually do that. Please note that I decided not to create a separate tool instead use what is already available to everyone easily, here are the instructions to follow:
You need to have evasi0n & redsn0w to do this:
- Select the 6.0 IPSW with Redsn0w
- Press Jailbreak
- After it’s done select the IPSW again and boot tethered
- Install iFile
- Go to System/Library/CoreServices
- Change the version number from 6.1.1 to 6.1
- Next install the .deb file of evasi0n using iFile. The .deb can be got from Saurik’s repo or the Internet.
- Change the version number back to 6.1.1
Enjoy your iOS 6.1.1 untethered jailbreak!
Don’t forget to follow and thank: